Enantia’s Spray Dryer
May 27th, 2021
Enantia broadens its services by offering amorphous solids development services by using a Büchi Mini Spray Dryer B-290, which allows working with active compounds and excipients using aqueous and organic solvents.
Spray drying is a reliable and scalable technique to develop and manufacture amorphous solids and particles in the desired size distribution, which we do as part of our solid state services. In particular, the Büchi Mini Spray Dryer B-290 is ideal for research and development projects as only quantities in the range of grams of the targeted compound are required, but can also produce hundreds of grams. Additionally, the processes developed with this equipment can be easily scaled up to an industrial batch size.
Enantia’s spray dryer is very versatile allowing the use of solutions, emulsions and suspensions in both aqueous and organic solvents. The desired particles are quickly produced using a reproducible, low impact process.
Nowadays the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic industries are widely using spray drying to obtain:
- Reproducible amorphization of solids, including APIs, to:
- Increase bioavailability (by increasing API’s solubility)
- Find non IP infringing solid forms
- Produce particles with the right particle size distribution to be used in inhaled administration
- Improved API solid forms for controlled release formulations, flavour masking and better handling of oils by microencapsulation and polymer dispersion