Chirality made easy
Life is chiral, and so are many molecules of interest. Chirality is a complex issue, and it requires expertise. Contact us to find out how we can help!
Enantia was born as a spin-off of a research group from the University of Barcelona focused on enantioselective chemistry. Since 2003, we have developed extensive experience in delivering enantiopure compounds. Although our chiral expertise is widely recognised, we are equally capable working with achiral compounds
Since our academic origins, we have strengthened our asymmetric synthesis expertise exploring enantioselective reactions, chiral auxiliaries and fragments from the chiral pool. We offer enantioselective reactions including, but not limited to:
- Non-natural amino acid synthesis
- Epoxidations and dihydroxylations of olefins and their further transformations
- Hydrogenations (with hydrogen gas or hydrogen transfer)
- Alkylation and arylation of aldehydes
- Ketone reductions
We employ two principle methodologies to separate racemic mixtures into their corresponding pure enantiomers:
- Chiral HPLC separation at both semi- and preparative scale – the method of choice if the amount of product available is small. We are confident in separating difficult racemic mixtures using a large variety of chiral stationary phases and eluting conditions. Learn more here.